Sunday 23 April 2017

Happy Birthday

My friend Vikki and I had a fun time making card backgrounds yesterday.... we were really only experimenting, we don't use some of our stuff enough ..... and so we decided as we didn't have any Yupo paper or gloss card to use photographic paper - well it react quite differently to what we'd seen.  I've used Brushos just a few sprinkles on a plastic sheet, water spritzed and the photographic card placed on top - I tried moving it to spread the colour but it reacts really quick and the Prussian Blue was too dark.  I added more water and ended up sopping up the ink remains with a sponge and filling in the gaps - the more water helped to draw off some of the dense colours and they 'mingled' quite well I think. I cut my panel in half and mounted it on a stitched die cut rectangle and 3D mounted it to a tall card.  To finish I've added a die cut floral and a stamped sentient strip.  
I am posting to CAS(E) this sketch #218 which I used for my layout and also to Creative Artiste Mixed Media April challenge #25 - Anything Mixed Media Goes (I'm not sure if my three elements - Brushos, diecuts and stamping fit the rules)   Thanks for taking a peek




4 comments:

  1. Hi Robyn, Loving the card and your background is fab. As I like colouring, I have started using some as backgrounds for my cards.

    Hope you have a lovely day. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super interesting background! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful background work on this lovely piece of work. Thanks for joining us over at http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, all encouragement and inspiration is very welcome. May your day be a happy and extra special one, cheers Robyn